The Best Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 4, Episode 8 Quotes
- But I didn't know the exact stardate when their sun went nova.
- So if you tell it to me, I'll write it down. And that way I won't forget.
- You don't remember me, do you?
- I'm sorry.
- I need to talk to your father,
- Would you mind leaving us alone just for a moment?
- I can't bring up a visual of your mother.
- But I know mom's pictures are in there.
- Did you give a stardate?
- Display family record, riker, Mrs. William t.
- Home file, stardate 58416.
- It was a tremendous opportunity.
- I couldn't refuse.
- But what's important right now, today, is that you have a son who needs you.
- Spend time with him.
- You may find part of what you've lost.
- My world was invaded.
- My people, killed.
- My mother brought me here so our enemies would never find me.
- They found her, didn't they?
- She knew that they would never stop looking for her.
- So she made sure I would be safe.
- The shuttle bay. There's still time.
- No. I've had enough.
- Commander, surrender your weapon.
- No more games.
- No more fantasies.
- I'm not gonna play anymore.
[Riker has given a rather mediocre performance on his trombone at his birthday party]
Counselor: [after Riker has blown out the candles on his cake] So, what did you wish for, Will?
Commander William T. Riker: Music lessons!
- It is possible.
- I suppose you'll just have to go down there and find out.
- Riker: Geordi, worf, you're with me.
- Number one.
- Happy birthday.
"Ambassador": [a virus has robbed Riker of the last 16 years of his memory] To lose 16 years is almost beyond belief.
- Please, say hello to your son.
- That is not his name, of course.
- Nor have you ever really met him.
- We merely used his image to augment your program.
- What have you done to him?
- While I'm gone, please give careful thought to your situation.
Commander William T. Riker: [Riker has uncovered Barash's deception for a second time] Who are you? What's your part in all this?
- I've heard better.
- I've been practicing, but I still can't get a good tone.
- You're putting too much pressure on the mouthpiece.
- Relax the embouchure.
- Don't use any muscles you don't need.
- Show me again.
- Left hand, right hand.
- Mom really liked Curtis creek.
- We went there for picnics and stuff lots of times.
- What was she like?
- She was great.
- I think of her a lot.
- I'd better go change.
Commander William T. Riker: [about his alleged wife] What was she like?
Counselor: Min was... beautiful - of course - strong, intelligent, patient...
Commander William T. Riker: Well, she was married to me. She had to be patient.
- Transporter room, take us up.
- I can't get a solid lock on you, sir.
- There's too much interference.
[Over com] I'm trying again.
- Transporter room, what's happening?
[Over com] Report.
- I'm trying again, sir.
- You're angry and impatient.
- Deanna, back off.
- Well, would anyone else like to speak up?
- Or shall we end this charade?
- As you wish, commander riker.
- The charade is over.
- You never have, dad.
- You've always been there for me.
- I'll have to take your word for that.
- Because I don't remember any of it.
- Your first step, your first tooth.
- And I want to remember.
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: I'm running a level 1 diagnostic.
Commander William T. Riker: For thirty hours? It would never take you more than four. You're incapable of that level of incompetence, Mr. La Forge!
- Picard: Space, the final frontier.
- These are the voyages of the starship enterprise.
- Its continuing mission: To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.
Commander William T. Riker: [Riker doubts Admiral Picard's assurances that Tomalak is serious about peace with the Federation] You yourself have said it's always a chess game with the Romulans. Move - countermove, guile and deceit.
"Ambassador": Captain - perhaps it would be best if we discussed this...
Commander William T. Riker: Shut up!
"Ambassador": I beg your pardon?
Commander William T. Riker: I said 'shut up'. As in 'close your mouth and stop talking'!
- Dr. Crusher, he's awake.
- You remember me. That's good.
- What else do you remember, captain?
- Display family record, riker, William t.
- Limit to visual.
- As soon as the ambassador transports over from the Decius.
- We will get through this, as we have many times before.
- I hope so.
- Let me take you to your quarters.
- Good idea.
- I've had enough surprises for one day.
Commander William T. Riker: Deanna, back off!
- Very well.
- I have been given permission to use whatever means are necessary.
- Ethan, no!
- Stop him.
- That secret hiding place of yours?
- This way.
- In here.
- Oh, it's good to see you up and about again, sir.
- Your eyes.
- What happened to your visor?
- My visor?
- Oh, I'm sorry, sir.
- Dr. Crusher told us that you might not remember.
- I haven't needed a visor since I got these cloned implants, captain.
Captain: Number One - happy birthday!
- Picard: We beamed them up an hour ago. They're fine.
- But we lost you in mid-transport.
- Where have you been?
- What is going on down there?
- Riker [over com]: I'm not sure yet, sir.
- But I think I'm about to find out.
- Stand by.
- I heard them.
- There's something in these rocks.
- Heavy metals?
- The romulans forgot all about this storeroom when they rebuilt their tunnels.
- Here, use these. Help me.
- I wanted you to stay.
- It's been so long.
- I just wanted somebody real.
- I thought that you'd be happy.
- I'm sorry.
- I have to return to my ship.
Commander William T. Riker: 'Min'... Minuet!